Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 47: Strange Sex (Episode 2)

Friday, Feb. 17th.

Because I got so much disgusting pleasure from Strange Sex yesterday, I thought I'd try my luck and watch another episode. Turns out I had reached my fill of terrible body malfunctions.

The episode seemed oddly similar to the one I watched yesterday; we meet a husband and wife who are no longer having sex because everytime they tried the wife accidentally peed all over her husband. I'm no statistician but the amount of people suffering from this affliction cannot be high enough to warrant two episodes, can it? Aren't there other sexual disorders waiting in the wings?

What this story did offer that was missing from yesterday's was a vivid, graphic description of the sensations the woman experienced during sex. This woman must write poetry in her free time or something because she had an uncanny talent for finding the perfect words to make my skin crawl and my stomach turn.

I should preface this by stating two things: I'm a germaphobe and because of that I think the human body is a disgusting, nasty thing. Or maybe I'm a germaphobe because the human body is so gross; it's hard to say. I've never understood people who marvel at the complex intricacies of the human body. To me it's just a giant pooping, burping, decaying pile of skin and farts.  Every time I clip my fingernails or clean my ears I can't help but wonder why, of all the millions and billions of designs the human body could have taken, we landed on what we got.

AKA: A diagram of disgusting

So when I hear stories of human bodies malfunctioning, I'm rarely surprised. They are already gross, so why shouldn't they be poorly wired too? At the same time I'm obsessively fascinated by disorders; they cover a spectrum of symptoms and ailments, from the minor to the fatal. It's amazing all the things that can go wrong. 

Anyway, so this lady starts getting really graphic with her descriptions. After about 5 mins I decide I can't take anymore and have to turn it off. It's the first doc of the year I haven't been able to finish all the way, but I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment