Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 46: Strange Sex

Thursday, Feb. 16th

Sometimes I like to watch disgusting things. Like most people, I'm drawn to the proverbial car wrecks. That's why I love scary movies. That's why I watch all the Jackass movies. And that's why I watched TLC's "Strange Sex".

Get Ready to Get Gross

I stumbled upon it on Netflix. The description states: 
      This is the ultimate series on extreme sexual disorders and anomalies. Many of these scenarios might sound    funny, or even desirable, but for those who must live with them, sex can be a nightmare.

So we are treated to two stories per episode, both relating to weird fetishes or sexual disorders. And this is what passes for television these days. Lucille Ball would be rolling in her grave. But Marv Albert would probably be totally cool with it. (Is Marv Albert dead?) Anyways. 

The first story was about a lady who couldn't stop from peeing on her husband during sex. She accidentally did it once, then it started happening all the time, every time. She went to a doctor but he wasn't much help; he couldn't tell her why it was happening or how to stop it. So, I guess it's just a thing she does now? Forever? I thought it was weird it started up in the middle of her life randomly. 

It reminded me of the car I drove in high school, a brown Ford Taurus. One day it just started making a loud clanking noise. There wasn't anything seriously wrong- I took it to a mechanic and they couldn't find any problems. I figured it would go away as easily as it came, but it never did. Over the years it got louder and louder to the point that I couldn't hear the radio or hold normal conversations inside my car. But the weird thing was I got used to it, to the point that I didn't even hear it anymore. I wonder if someday this lady's gonna look back on her life and think, "Man...remember when I didn't pee during sex? Feels like a lifetime ago."

The second story was, excuse my French, a steaming pile of bullshit. We are introduced to this 3rd rate rock star (he was in Scorpion or something for like, 3 years) who suffers from "sex addiction". If I could make the quote marks around "sex addiction" any more pronounced, I would. There is no such thing thing as being addicted to sex; those are just people who really like sex. I hate when celebrities and athletes get caught cheating on their spouses and try to throw the blame on an addiction to sex. First off, everyone likes sex. Sex is like pizza; even when it's bad, it's still pretty good. Second, these famous sex addicts only seem to be having sex with super models and groupies. Real addicts drink mouthwash and shoot heroin into their eyeballs. That's like saying you're an alcoholic and only drinking top shelf booze.

Maybe I shouldn't say sex addiction absolutely doesn't exist; I imagine there are people out there who are actually addicted. But for the millionaires and the celebs who claim it, it falls on deaf ears. 

On top of all that, the segment feels like one giant commercial for this guy to get his own reality show. TLC's been in this business long enough to know American viewers love three things: redemption stories, freaks, and sex. This guy has all that in one package. I felt like the show is kinda testing the waters, and if enough people dig this guy they could give him his own show. That's how Kate Plus 8 started, remember? Just a few years ago they were a family of nobodies who let a camera crew into their house. 

Who knew giving birth to 8 kids could do so much for your bangs? 

My point is, it's gross watching TLC pimp out people with addictions in hopes of better ratings, and it's gross watching these people pimp themselves out for 15 minutes of fame. Way more gross than peeing during sex. 

It's on Netflix Instant.


1 comment:

  1. Very nice blogging
    For photo designing template & make your photo more attractive and good looking. http://funeralpamphlets.com

    ReplyDelete